Hot Deal Community ShareInfoOnline   ShareInfoOnline
Share info to help others (and get paid)

Go Back   ShareInfoOnline > Hot deal community > Freebies
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Home Forums Weather Links 2004 Hikers

Search bargains from 20 best hot deal forums with a single click

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014
Points: 2,747, Level: 31 Points: 2,747, Level: 31 Points: 2,747, Level: 31
Level up: 98%, 3 Points needed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Free money for or after shopping:

Default Free Kindle Book - Successful Minute Taking and Writing - How to Prepare, Organize and Write Minutes of Meetings , posted on 04-15-2014 09:21 PM

Free Kindle Book - Successful Minute Taking and Writing - How to Prepare, Organize and Write Minutes of Meetings

Rating: 2 Posted By: remick
Views: 193 Replies: 0

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BM9A5XA

4.6 out of 5 stars (12 customer reviews)

Successful Minute Taking and writing. How to prepare, write and organize agendas and minutes of meetings. Learn to take notes and write minutes of meetings. Your role as the minute taker and how you interact with the chair and other attendees. I'd rather throw myself downstairs - That was how I used to feel about minute taking; this book is for those among you who feel the same. It is aimed at secretaries, PAs and administrators and covers the issues that worry them. These are based on the things that worried me and that have worried my hundreds of delegates over the last 10 years. This book is easy to read and has lots of exercises to help you develop your skills. It has advice on note taking, summarizing, preparing agendas, becoming more confident in your role, working with the chair, writing skills, listening skills and the difference between making notes at the meeting and writing the minutes. There is a useful list of the order of tasks and a checklist with timings. There is a free downloadable booklet with all the exercises in it for you. The author, Heather, has experience not only of undertaking the role of secretary and PA but she also has 10 years' experience in training other people to use the skills she has and she shares all of this experience in this book. If you want to learn how to take minutes with ease then this is the book for you. What do people think? 'I had a real phobia about minute taking and was dreading today, but you've really taken away my fear. It's all fallen into place.' Beverley, Leeds 'One of the best facilitators ever - quite clearly Heather had an extensive knowledge of the skills needed and she wanted to share best practice. Everyone had a part to play and felt confident enough to ask and contribute whatever their level of expertise. Heather was very approachable.' 'This was excellent and clearly met all of its objectives. The course was well planned and the subject matter presented in a clear, logical and interesting way.' 'Heather had very good subject knowledge and is a very good trainer. She used a number of different teaching methods and was excellent at putting the group at ease; everyone joined in.' Committee servicing and minute taking for Leeds Metropolitan University 'I'm fairly comfortable with taking minutes, but find I write a lot of notes in the meeting which probably aren't necessary. I've learned how to condense effectively.' 'Heather was very practical and helpful; understood the reality of taking minutes and not just the theory!' Minute taking for RiverStone Management Limited 'I enjoyed the course and found it relevant to my needs. The trainer was helpful and able to answer questions.' 'I found the course really useful and the style very easy to understand.' Minute taking for Yorkshire Television About the author: Heather Baker Heather had over twenty years' experience as a secretary and PA before setting up Baker Thompson Associates Limited in 2000. The company specializes in the training and development of secretarial and administrative staff (www.bakerthompsonassoc.co.uk). She now travels all over the UK working with large and small companies to enable their office staff and PAs to work more effectively and efficiently. She also delivers courses in the Middle and Far East. Heather is a Certified NLP Practitioner. She worked for ICI Pharmaceuticals (now AstraZeneca) and Hewlett Packard; she spent 5 years in France working for the Commercial Director of Cognac Hine and then 10 years with Granada Media working up to personal assistant to the managing director, commuting regularly between their offices in Manchester and London. Heather conceived the speedwriting system BakerWrite and wrote the Amazon best selling book based on this system which is also available as an online training course

Books & Magazines Deals

Original post

Free money for shopping:

Search bargains from 20 best hot deal forums with a single click
Hot deals: