ShareInfoOnline ShareInfoOnline   ShareInfoOnline
Share info to help others (and get paid)

Go Back   ShareInfoOnline > Hot deal community > Shopping coupons > Deals more than one-year old
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Home Forums Weather Links 2004 Hikers

Search Network:

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011
Points: 2,747, Level: 31 Points: 2,747, Level: 31 Points: 2,747, Level: 31
Level up: 98%, 3 Points needed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Free money for or after shopping:

Default The Economist $12 for 12 weeks, auto-renews at $12 every 12 weeks = $51 a year!

The Economist $12 for 12 weeks, auto-renews at $12 every 12 weeks = $51 a year!

Rating: 12 Posted By: TheWGP
Views: 1130 Replies: 13

Yes, I searched, and the last time an Economist deal was posted was months ago - last summer.

The Economist is probably the best current events / politics/business/etc. magazine out there, with by far the most impartial and practical bent. Normally it's $99 or some such a year; newsstand price is 6.99 - so it's not a cheap magazine. Most subscribers make comments like "hard to finish every week" or "I have a stack of these sitting waiting to read" and so on - it's a very intelligent, worth-your-time magazine with lots of good content.

You also get full access to the online edition with your subscription - as well as podcasts, which are an audio reading front to back of all non-advertising content in the magazine. This is in addition to the print version - very handy in tandem with the iPhone / iPad versions that are now out. In short, a first-rate publication that wants to make it easy to consume their substantial content.

I got a flyer today via snail mail, as I do from The Economist occasionally. This one blows the others out of the water, though:

$12 for 12 issues - that is 12 weeks - and renewing for $12 every 12 weeks thereafter. This amounts to $1 an issue - or $51 a year, as there are 51 issues a year.

This is right around the price point that other deals have mentioned - the cheapest I saw in my search was 49.99, I think. Only this deal comes *directly from The Economist* - no shady intermediary sites involved to muck up the deal! The fine print does say "new subscribers only" but I don't know how strictly this is enforced - for what it's worth, I was a PAST subscriber, though my subscription lapsed for probably two years by now. Also says allow 2 weeks for first issue delivery - for a weekly magazine that

There's an online signup directly with The Economist listed:
http://www.economist.com/mail/us

Enter code UL12 when prompted to get the offer. A popup may appear mentioning 19.95 for 12 issues while you're on their website - dismiss it, and stick with the main link to $12 for $12 issues. I signed up online and their email confirmation takes awhile - like a couple of hours - but I did get an email confirmation prior to posting this, so the deal is verified good!

This is a pretty awesome deal if you're looking for The Economist, so enjoy!

Original post

Free money for shopping:

Search Network:
Hot deals: